Saturday, October 03, 2009

Pasco bullies will have to watch their step from now on.

In Pasco County there is now a way to report bullies anonymously on line as well as a toll free number 1-877-7BE-BRAVE.

I have witnessed the behavior of bullies first hand and have been a victim of bullies. When I was a middle school classroom teacher I intervened to stop a bully and was later bullied by his relatives. It was frightening event and there was no one to intervene for me. It was later twisted into events that were my fault for not accepting behavior that was considered by community standards as normal. As if a big kid jumping a smaller kid, knocking him to the ground and then getting on top of him while stuffing grass into his pants was normal. It was not normal by my standards. I almost kicked the big kid. But, the bell rang and that stopped it without me having to do anything. A few days latter I was attacked in the commons at Central Michigan University by one of the bully’s relatives.

Back then I could not defend myself. The rule was: It takes two to fight. It did not matter who started it. All involved were equally guilty.

The question was: What did you do to start that?

So, I responded by not talking about it. Hoping the event would be forgotten my others. However, I never forgot.

1 comment:

mike said...

A good way to stop a bully from bullying you is to make a fist & hit the bully in the face as hard & as often as you can.Pick up something & hit him in the head. Show the bully no mercy. The trick is to make it so distastefull to the bully to encounter you, that the Bully chooses to avoid the ass kicking he will recieve if he gets in your path. Even if you can't deliver the ass kicking & get beat up, if the bully knows he was in a fight, he will not bother you as quickly.
The best way to handle a bully is to take the attitude that you were going along nice, mellow & peacfully & now this pain in the ass has desturbed your peace, causing you the inconvenience of leaving your peace shere, because he has injected the pressing need for you to inconvenience yorself.
Make it clear that the new activity on your front burner is kicking his F'ing ass..

Post a Comment