Monday, July 27, 2009

I asked 10-year-old Chris when he will learn to dance.

Chris answered, "NEVER!" Then he said, "Do you want to see me do the rock-n-roll dance. To that I said, "Yes." He stood and told me to think of him holding a guitar over his head and then he smashed it onto the floor. Chris then said, "That is my dance!"

This is the third year that Chris has watched us dance and take a lesson. He never participated. He would only be there and be preoccupied with his fantasy world.

I might introduce him to a few steps. Seems that he could learn to run, run, run counter clockwise 3/4 of a circle and then hitch. That is the last 8 counts of Mad World. What percentage chance to I have of him attempting to learn that? I think it is zero.

Ignorance is bliss?

No comments:

Post a Comment