Friday, July 03, 2009

A food binge at a restaurant

I took Nancy and Kyle (Nancy's son) out for breakfast. I thought I had enough money. Kyle was 20 at the time. He is a large boy, perhaps twice my size. Kyle ordered much more than I have ever ordered for breakfast. I thought at the time that I would let it pass because of his size. Nancy ordered very little and I cut back.

The food arrived and Kyle only ate a small percentage of what he ordered. There was enough left for Nancy and Kyle's lunch. I thought they would just take it home with them. Kyle would have none of that. He would not eat it and he would not take it home. I began doing a slow burn inside. I did not like what was happening. I paid the bill and that was the last time I took Kyle with us.

What Kyle did was execute a food binge. The consumption binge is everywhere and at all levels and it destroying us. It's happens when someone fills their Hummer. It happens when someone leaves lights on in the house so they will not have to turn them on when they come home. It happens when the obese shops at Sam's and fills their large cart with food. On and on it goes and it will eventually end. Kayle ended and so did Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment