Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If you lose your teaching contract and ability to pay your Macy's card, then this is what is waiting for you.

Mike sent this to me. He works in credit and collection at Macy's. I would change his behavior, if I could.
__________________

People have to learn to not be lax & let their debts slide. A Due date means that the Date it is due it must be paid back . Companies are not in business to bankroll the public. When I have a due date, I pay it weeks earlier. I sent in a payment on my Master Card once that got there late. I didn't blame Master Card for my late fee. I told myself, that I had better do it right next time because I didn't like paying the late fee. People are habitually late. If my employer doesn't pay me on the date my paycheck is due, I'm pissed off. If you give a grace period, than the situation doesn't change. They think the due date id just 5 days later.
People are irresponsible. They give excuses like that they were out of town & couldn't pay the bill on time. Being out of town is no excuse for not paying your financial responsibilities. They could pay on the company web site, they could pay by phone, they could pay at a cash register at any Macy's store anywhere in the United States. They can mail a check from anywhere.
If I'm going on vacation, I pay my bills before I go, or accept that if I am late, I will have to pay the extra charge for being late.
Companies need to quit kissing customer's asses. If they are dead beats that don't take their responsibilities seriously, then cut them loose. Customers like that just cost a company money. Companies are stretched thin by these people that expect a free ride on the back of the corporations. The money lending game is tightening up. Late fees are going up, interest rates are going up, minimum payment requirements are going up, open to buys are shrinking & vanishing. The dead beats will be weeded out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment