Friday, September 16, 2011

What is wrong with you people?

Not only are you giving your students apple juice containing arsenic poison, you are buying apple juice concentrate from China.  [I found out that most of the apple juice consumed in America is from concentrate bought from China.]

This tragedy cause me to remember Fritz who at the time I visited his gine lived in Benzonia, Michigan where he had an apple orchard.  Before moving to Benzonia, Fritz had been a gardener at the Dow Orchards in Midland Michigan. 

Fritz took me out to his orchards and showed me his apple trees.  The limbs were weighted down with apples that needed to be picked.  I told him that the apples needed to be picked and taken to market.  He told me that they had blemishes and were too small to be sold.  The apple trees were later cut down and the trees sold for firewood.  Fritz later died.

It takes 15 to 20 years to grow a productive apple tree.  How many farmers have given-up because of your irrational demand for perfect fruit? 

If you want fruit from trees like Fritz's, then you are going to have to wait for a long time.  Your kids will be out of school before that happens.

What follows is that an undiffentiated similar product is turned into a juice and packaged in a cartoon that appeals a maketing department's created fantasy.  What's wrong with you people?

No comments:

Post a Comment