Saturday, May 23, 2009

Preying on Teachers

I began thinking about this because of water restrictions that prohibits us from watering lawns and washing our cars. I like to keep my truck clean. Leo told me that the washing ban didn’t affect him because he never washes his car and his son refuses to do it. The son is the one that is a potential problem for us that want to wash our car. That gets me to Chris Elmore.

Chris when he was a freshman at Delta College wanted to be the sheriff of Midland County, at first, I was willing to help make that happen until I found out that he harbored a need to settle a vendetta against teachers. Chris had been the class clown when he was in high school; consequently, he was disciplined frequently and that created a need for revenge. Becoming a cop or the sheriff would give him the power to settle the score.

He disclosed to me that he planned to watch for teacher leaving school at the end of the day and arrest them for traffic infractions. After finding that out, I stopped assisting Chris. I didn’t want to be his friend and I didn’t want to help him succeed. I doubt if he graduated from Delta College and hopefully he did not become involved in law enforcement.

We like to think that our students love us or at least respect us. Perhaps 1-5 percent of them have negative memories about their school experience. The percentage could be higher. When they become adults and the table is turned, don’t expect anything positive from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment