Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dr. Winerman's Attempt to Teach Tampa, Fl High School Students Dance.

From: Stephen Lyons
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:54 AM
To: Dr. Arline Winerman
Subject: Your High School Teaching Experience.

Dear Arline,

Your description of your high school teaching experience is like what I've witnessed at the WT. I don't know why this is happening. It may indicate something negative about the [Tampa, FL] public school system.

Even if we could determine the cause, there's likely nothing that could be done if the problem is systemic.

Stephen
_____________________________________________________________

Dr. Winerman wrote:

The kids this year were very different from last year. There were more blacks last year. There did not seem to be as many in total attending this year. They had lots of choices of things to do, so were busy running around. Just seemed like they did not want to dance - not even free style etc. I hate to think that young people do not love to do some kind of dancing. Times are sure different from when I grew up! I am glad I do not have kids or grandkids!!! See you Thurs. Regards - Arline

No comments:

Post a Comment