Friday, May 04, 2007

Could These Be Your Boys?

Mi Maria,

This morning I encountered 3 boys about the age of your blond hair boy when on the bike ride. I was riding in the lane required by law and each of the other boys crossed their lane and acted as if they were effecting a head-on collision with me. This testosterone driven behavior is one of the many reasons I would not go back into the classroom.

Your blond haired boy is the most likely person who destroyed your tire and dented my hood. Since he was not caught in the act nor has he admitted to it and apologized, it will always cloud any relationship that I have with him. We do have a relationship and it is negative.

He knows if he did it. Josh, my nephew took all my money from my wallet. I know he did it. When boys like this get away with thing like this, they use it to prove to themselves that they are of superior intelligence to adults. They think of us as being stupid. That is what happens when we are passive and forgiving. The boys should be aggressively confronted, then there is a base for moving forward that is best for the boys. But, there is seldom any positive payback for the adult. So, I avoid and minimize any contact I have with them.

Any aggressive confrontation with these boys without authorization from their parents or the legal system is personally destructive. The only course of action left to me is to collect evidence, call 911 and avoid them.

I think life is much better without these boys.

Your Stephen

The Education Resource Group is dedicated to helping professional educators, student teachers, parents and tutors educate by providing lesson plans and access to education resources. We did this by creating Lessonplans.com.

Lessonplans.com has served over 3.43 million educators.


Mi Stephen,

It’s unfortunate that what should have been a pleasant bike ride was spoiled by the act of those 3 boys. When things like that happen to me I could do two things: Get angry about it.....or feel sorry for the boys who are going to have a lifetime of misery happen to them due to their aggressive behavior. They are possibly going to be the type of person who chooses to attain what they want in life through intimidation. In the end, they will elicit only fear and hate from the people they encounter throughout their life.
I’ve seen enough babies growing up to know that this is learned behavior. A person who grows up in a non-loving atmosphere with parents who don’t treat them with respect and kindness have a much more difficult time learning to give these two things to other people. Sometimes they can change if they encounter a role model that they respect who treats them well. I know that there are a lot of good role models in this world; it’s just that the media (newspapers and TV) tend to report only the stories that will sell newspapers. It would be wonderful if we could fix all the people who come from dysfunctional families, but there are only two of us. Maybe we should just try to make our own lives as serene and productive as we can.
I did send you a message earlier, hope you were able to bring it up. It was just my good morning note to you.

Su Maria

From: Stephen Lyons [mailto:Stephen@LessonPlans.com] Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:07 AMTo: Marie deBorbon RoundsSubject: Bicycle riding and blond hair boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment