- 53.6% of U.S. college grads under 25 are jobless or underemployed.
- 8.5% of national unemployment rate when Class of 2012 graduated.
- 49% of 18 to 34-year-olds take a job they don't want so as to be able to pay bills.
- 24% of them have taken an unpaid job to gain work exprience.
- 35% have gone back to school to because of America's poor economy.
- 24% have moved back in with their parents after living along after graduation.
- 30% of graduates consider thier job a career.
- 19% are working part-time but want full-time jobs.
- 50% of all jobs are found through family, frineds or colleagues.
- 32% of college graduated have debt.
- $20,457 national average of student debt.
- $44,442 is the average starting salary.
source: National Association of Colleges and Employers salary survey, April 2012;
Pew Research Center college graduation, February and May 2012.