Sunday, November 09, 2008

I just saw it again.

I just saw a 10-12 year-old boy walk by my house with his parents following. "No problem" you would say until you know what I know about this situation. The boy is normal in his behavior and build. The problem is that the boy lives in Chicago and should be going to school in Chicago. Which he would be if his father valued being in Florida more than his son's education.

The father looks like someone in his 50's. However, he has the demeanor of a city street thug. He reminds me of a school bully. Making is stranger is the fact that he was the service manager in a Cadillac dealership. He may not be now considering his age and state of the auto industry unless he earned lots of time off from his job to travel to Florida.

The bottom line is this. The boy is not being educated and my school system doesn't care because the boy is considered to be a citizen of Illinois.

I'm not going any further then writing about this situation one time. To do any more would risk being told that it's none of my business.

Stephen@lessonplans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment