Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's Halloween

It's a day after Halloween, close enough for this announcement. I bought a 3 year subscription to MAD. I really did. On the front page there is a picture of Barry with nettles sticking in him.

I haven't read MAD since I was a teenage. When my nephew Josh was in Jr. High, I went to his school to bring him home. There I found him in the library reading MAD. I has horrified. I thought, "Kid, you are wasting your time and education." That is true from many perspectives. But, from my perspective, it is now comic relief. When life gets to the point where I think I just cannot deal with it anymore. I read Mad and escape from reality. Two beers does the same thing, but Mad is better. I now have a 3 years subscription to MAD.

I hope yours was a scary Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment