Saturday, October 21, 2006

Dancing Makes You Smarter

I began taking dance classes about 3 years ago after I watched a dance class at Bronco Bill's. I watched for a few weeks and then decided I would learn to dance. The first year was a tragedy. I'm very persistent, so failure wasn't an option. I've make remarkable progress after 3 years and hundreds of lessons. It didn't take me long to start thinking about what effect this was having on my brain/physiology and if was having an effect on my brain/physiology then it must also be having an effect on other dancers as well. So I did a Google search. Sure enough it had already been researched at Stanford University. Click the following link to read the Stanford report.

http://dance.stanford.edu/syllabi/smarter.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment